2023 AMWAY RIVER BANK RUN WAIVER FOR MEDIA PARTICIPANT * I, , (insert full legal name below) (hereinafter the Media Participant) and desire to cover, interview, record whether audio or visual (photograph, video, live stream) and all actions and/or undertaking consistent therewith the 2022 Amway River Bank Run (the “Event”). I understand my participation in covering this Event as a Media Participant is completely voluntary. I acknowledge I am solely responsible for my own personal safety and I agree to use ordinary and reasonable care in undertaking my duties in covering the Event. I, for and on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, executors, administrators, trustees, and assigns, hereby waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Amway (including its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates), Fifth Third Bank (including its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates), Spectrum Health (including its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) and Riverbank Events and Media LLC and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and attorneys, including but not limited to USATF officials, volunteers, consultants, or sponsors (hereinafter collectively “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, suits, demands, losses, liabilities and any cause of action of any kind, whether based on intentional conduct or negligence (collectively Claims), including but not limited to Claims for death, bodily injury, disability, property damage, theft, even if arising from the negligence or intentional act or omission on the part of the Releases that relate in any manner to my participation in the Amway River Bank Run.
2023 USATF Events and Productions
All individuals or authorized representatives for an organization who have been accepted for accreditation for any 2023 USA
Track & Field (“USATF”) event or production must both agree and adhere to the conditions for telecast or Internet purposes
outlined below, as well as USATF’s Credential Policy, in order to receive their official accreditation. USATF owns the
exclusive right to all competition footage appearing on the telecast or webcast (the “Footage”); accommodations will be made,
as indicated below, for third party, news-based TV coverage by accredited media only. For the avoidance of doubt, Footage
may be used only in regularly scheduled television news programs of which the actual news elements constitute the main
feature, and use of Footage specifically excludes announcer descriptions, any other audio elements, and feature material
and interviews appearing in NBC NBCSN, or USATF.TV’s coverage, none of which may be used under any circumstances.
Any violation of these requirements will result in revocation of the individual’s or authorized representative’s accreditation.
The terms of access are as follows:
1. Accredited media are at no time permitted to use coverage for any purpose other than what is stated in the
application for accreditation and the accompanying terms and conditions.
2. NBC, NBCSN, NBC Sports Gold or applicable NBC Universal digital platform and USATF.TV are the broadcasters
or webcasters of all USATF events, and as such, are the only organizations allowed to record video from the infield
of each event of competition.
3. Accredited media are not permitted to broadcast, transmit, live stream, distribute, or permit others to broadcast,
transmit, live stream or distribute an entire event on a live or tape delayed basis.
4. Third party outlets have no right to distribute or license clips and/or highlights of any event via any means or media
now known or later developed.
5. Third-party outlets may record limited athlete interviews taking place outside the track, course or field of play – in
the mixed zone or other designated press areas.
6. Accredited media are prohibited from interacting with athletes during warm-up, competition and post competition
while inside the facility.
7. No third party outlet is permitted to show any competition footage until after the telecast or webcast has aired on the
network hosting the event. Please check www.usatf.org for all broadcast times and dates. No race may be shown
in its entirety, regardless of length, and race finishes are not to beshown.
8. Footage used for rebroadcast from any single event may not exceed six (6) seconds in length; total footage used
may not exceed a combined one minute thirty seconds in any single newscast. Footage may appear in a maximum
of three (3) eligible news programs per day and no Footage may be aired outside of a 48-hour period following the
time that the use of such Footage is first permitted under these guidelines.
9. Accredited media may not use unauthorized technologies for the recording of events.
10. Accredited media may not record any portion of the event from undesignated areas.
11. No finish-line footage may be recorded for any event, and/or any event that is part of the USATF broadcast or
webcast. This may include youth and masters events.
12. Accredited media are not permitted to display on the Internet or any other media any live video portions of any
13. Accredited media are at no time permitted to provide the competition footage to any third-party person for any use
inconsistent with the foregoing.
14. The following video credit must be displayed over any Footage for the duration of the clip: “Courtesy of USATF.TV”.
For Internet distribution, the following rules apply:
a) The only type of Footage that may be distributed via the Internet is interviews with participants (e.g., athletes,
coaches, officials) (the “Internet Material”). Internet Material must be captured in designated media interview areas
and/or mixed zones, provided that these locations are away from the field of play.
b) Under no circumstances may any field of play material (e.g., competition or training) be distributed via the Internet.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is prohibited to tape any portion of NBC, NBCSN, NBC Sports Gold or applicable NBC
Universal digital platform or USATF.TV’s coverage “off-air” and distribute such coverage via the Internet.
c) Internet Material may not be distributed live, including, without limitation, via technologies such as YouTube,
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
d) Under no circumstances can anything that resembles or approximates “coverage” (e.g., race calls and other realtime descriptions and accounts of competition) be distributed via the Internet.
e) Although there is no specific limitation with respect to the length and volume of permissible Internet Material, any
such distribution should conform to the spirit of these guidelines generally.
f) Internet Material must be accompanied by a link to www.usatf.tv.
For any USATF Event footage licensing requests and/or inquiries, please contact Hayley Lewis at
email@example.com or click here to fill out the USATF Video Usage Request Form.