Event Start Times
What are the registration fees and deadlines?
- Registration Fees and Deadlines
- Registration is available online until Tuesday, May 7, 11:59p EDT
- Late registration is available on Friday, May 10 during Event Check-in held in conjunction with the Sports & Fitness Expo in DeVos Place (cash, check or credit card)
- NO registration available on Event Day, however, you may check-in for your event beginning at 6a in DeVos Place
What are the minimum age requirements for the different events?
- 25K — minimum 14 years of age by May 11, 2019
- 10K, 5K Run, and 5K Community Walk — all ages welcome.
- Amway Junior (1/2 mile and 1 mile fun runs) — ages 5 through 12
Are the courses certified?
- Yes (USATF-certified)
Is there a time limit?
- 12p (noon).
- Participants finishing after 12p will not be included in the official results posted at this website.
Is pace information available at the start and will there be pacers?
- Pace per minute signs at are in the start line for each event
- Line up in the appropriate area.
- Official Pacers, sponsored by Gazelle Sports, are available for the 25K to pace in the 6-12 minute/mile categories – look for them on event day in the start area carrying large, yellow signs with their specific pace per miles listed and wearing brightly colored Official Pacer shirts
- Start with your Official Pacer and keep them in sight throughout your event to hit your desired finish time
What training resources are available?
- Training Guide, containing schedules for the 25K, 10K, 5K Run and 5K Walk.
- Community Training Run/Walk
- No Problems Training Run
- Hills & Hops
Will there be a Sports & Fitness Expo?
- Free and open to the public
- Featuring 80+ vendors
- River Bank Run SHOP
- Product sampling featuring Amway’s nutrition products and more
- Perrin Beer Garden
- Relaxation Area with complimentary mini massages, yoga and mani’s
- Photo booth opportunities
How do I know if I’m registered?
- Online registrations receive an immediate e-mail confirmation.
- Check the address and other information (shirt size, age, etc.) on your confirmation to be sure it is correct.
- If you did not receive an email confirmation or your information is not correct, please go to RunSignUp, click on the Find a Participant tab and enter your name and click on More Details tab.
Do I have to wear my participant bib?
- Yes. All registered participants will receive a bib number that must be worn on Event Day.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of your shirt during the entire event for viewing by race officials and for readability of photography proofs
- Do not alter the bib in any way or wear it on your shorts/pants
Can my friends/family follow my progress?
- Yes, with RaceJoy Live Tracking and Alerts app
- Each participant will have a QR code printed on their participant bib to upload their progress to their social media platforms to share with friends and family.
- No need to register, no need to pay for this service.
Can I listen to my personal music device?
- Yes — roads are closed to traffic. Please be aware of your surroundings and keep the volume at a level that enables you to be alert in case there is an emergency.
- Participants wearing listening devices will not be eligible for prize money in the USA 25K Open Championship division (based on United States Track & Field rules).
Where is the Start and Finish Line?
- Monroe Avenue at Lyon Street.
- Look for volunteers holding pace per mile signs and line up accordingly.
- Ottawa Avenue at Lyon Street.
- Post-event refreshments will be available once you cross the finish line.
- Chocolate Milk
- Oranges and watermelon
- Cereal bars
What is available at the aid stations?
- Ice Mountain water will be available at the pre-event Aid Stations on both sides of Monroe Avenue near the DeVos Place entrance.
- Gatorade, Ice Mountain water will be offered at 25K Aid Stations approximately every 1.5 miles along the 25K course, and in the post-event refreshments area
- Orange slices and ice will be added after the 25K half-way point near Veterans Memorial Drive and Butterworth (25K course only).
- Official Aid Stations will be offered approximately every two miles on the 10K course, and at halfway point on the 5K course, featuring Gatorade and Ice Mountain water
- Remember to bring your own sports nutrition products.
Is gear check available?
- Complimentary gear check will be available in DeVos Place.
- You will receive a clear gear check bag along with your participant bib and t-shirt at Event Check-in.
- Please use this bag to check your gear prior to your event. No personal bags will be accepted at Gear Check.
- Claim your gear after your event in DeVos Place no later than 12:30 pm on event day . Fifth Third Bank cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items. Participants are responsible for any clothing articles they choose to discard at the start and/or along the course. Security will be sweeping both areas and will dispose of items found unattended. Event officials do not collect clothing articles discarded at the start or along the course.
Will there be porta-jons available?
- Near the start line.
- Approximately every 1.5 miles along the event courses (near aid stations).
- Finish line area.
- Finish Fest on Calder Plaza.
Are there showers available after my event?
- Complimentary showers and lockers at the David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Drive, from 6a-2p.
- Simply show your Fifth Third River Bank Run participant bib at the desk for access on Event Day.
- Parking at the YMCA is not available for non-members – please park in Dash Lot 7 ($2.00).
Is there a post-event party?
- The Finish Fest on Calder Plaza from 7:30a-2p.
- Admission is free with food available for purchase from Buffalo Wild Wings.
- A cash bar featuring Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Perrin Brewing Company, Ice Mountain water and Pepsi products will be available (picture ID will be required or beer purchase).
- The Finish Fest will also feature live entertainment, live race feed on a JumboTron and other activities.
Who are the charity partners?
- Six Charity Partners were selected to market their missions to participants, volunteers and sponsors.
- To make a contribution to a charity affiliated with the Fifth Third River Bank Run, contact the charity of your choice to find out how you can be a part of their team.
- Find out how you can run/walk on behalf of charity! – coming soon
- Log into your RunSignUp account
- In your profile, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “my registered races”
- Find your RBR registration then select “manage”
- In the menu you’ll be able to select from the menu “transfer event” and then just follow thru the process.
After May 4, transfer events in-person on Friday, May 11 at the Amway Sports and Fitness Expo between 11am and 8pm. Pick up your registered event bib and head to “Solutions/Race Changes”
- Log into your RunSignUp account
- In your profile, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you’ll find “my registered races”
- You’ll see your RBR registration. Select “manage”
- Select from the menu “defer registration” and then follow thru the process.
- Defer your registration to next year ($20 for 25K / $10 for 10K & 5K) until 11:59pm on Saturday, May 11
How do I claim my deferred registration?
- If you do not see your race registration in your “my registered races”. You may need to complete the claiming process from a deferred registration from the previous year. Please click on this link to “Find a Participant” – enter your name and then click on the “is this you” to begin the claiming process.
- When 2019 registration opens, your registration will be added to the system and a confirmation message will be sent. You will need to “claim” your registration by click on the “Find a Participant“. Then click “is this you” to begin the “claim” process
Can I get a refund or transfer/gift my bib to a friend/family?
- All events are non refundable
- Transfer or gift your registration to someone else can be done online until 11:59pm on Friday, May 4, 2018
- Switch to another event (i.e. currently registered for the 25K but would like to run the 10K) can be completed until 11:59pm on Friday, May 5 or in-person at Event Check-in at DeVos Place on Friday, May 11 between 11a and 8p or Saturday, May 12 at the “Solutions” area
- Defer your registration to next year ($20 for 25K / $10 for 10K & 5K) until 11:59pm on Saturday, May 12
- All these changes can be done online through your RunSignUp account by the deadlines stated above
I noticed a mistake in my registration confirmation, how do I fix it?
- Go to RunSignUp and click on the Find a Participant tab then enter your name – under your name click on the More Details tab where you will use your password to access your account. Then find the appropriate blue tab and click on it and make your changes.
- Last day to to make changes online is Friday, May 3 at 11:59p EDT.
- After that date, pick up your participant bib and t-shirt and let us know at the “Solutions/Race Changes” area so your results are posted correctly
I’d like to change my shirt size/upgrade to Saucony Tech Shirt – quantities are limited
- Log into your RunSignUp account
- Go to your “Profile”
- Scroll to “My Registered Races” menu at bottom of page
- Find your Fifth Third River Bank Run registration; then click “Manage”
- Select “Giveaway” from the menu and modify your shirt size/style
I won’t be able to participate, can I still pick up my t-shirt?
- YES! Please stop by and pick up your t-shirt and participant bib during Event Check in/Late Registration held during the Sports & Fitness Expo n DeVos Place on Friday, May 10 from 11a-8p or Saturday, May 11 beginning at 6a.
- If you can’t make it Event Weekend, please email for your shirt to be mailed to you.
What hotel accommodations are available?
Where do I park on Friday and/or Saturday?
Street Closings and Parking Guide (coming soon)
- Downtown streets near the start and finish line will begin to close at 5:30a on race day.
- More than 16,000 participants, 20,000 spectators and 2,000 volunteers will be looking for parking all at the same time.
- Please plan to arrive early for an easier parking experience.
What are the typical weather conditions on event day?
- Average temps range from the low 40’s to 60’s at 7:30a and climb throughout the morning.
- Go to Wood Radio 106.9 | 1300 during event week for weather updates and information.
What is the chronotrack B-tag system?
- The Chronotrack B-Tag System will be used to score all events.
- Your B-Tag will be attached to the participant bib you receive at Event Check-in/Late Registration at DeVos Place.
- Please keep your B-Tag attached to your participant bib on the front of your shirt on event day to ensure your results are recorded properly.
When and where will I find race results?
- Individual results will available online after 4p event day.
- Team results will be available online after 4p on May 15, 2018.
Will my results be posted if I finish the 25K after 12p (noon)?
- No. Participants who finish the 25K event after the finish line closes at 12p will be considered unofficial finishers and will not be included in the Official Results that are posted to the website
- 25K runners not maintaining a 3.5 hours finish pace are participating at their own risk without race services
Can I print my finisher certificate?
- Yes – Printable certificates will be available online after 4p on event day
How can I volunteer?
- River Bank Run could not function without thousands of volunteers.
- Register Today! (coming soon)
- Email the Race office