These events are for competitive handcyclist and wheelchair athletes only; divisions are not designed for leisure racing. For more information, contact Christy VanHaver at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital or call 616.840-8207.
25K Handcycle/Wheelchair Racing Course information
- Handcycle Division - 8:15a Start
- Wheelchair Racing Division - 8:16a Start
- Start on Monroe Avenue at Lyon Street
- Finish on Ottawa Avenue at Lyon Street
- Times will be recorded until approximately 12p (noon)
- Participants must be able to maintain a 14 minute per mile pace
- Participants not maintaining a 14 minute per mile pace will be instructed to move to the sidewalk and finish at their own rist without event services
- Medical, aid stations, police, volunteer and course markings will no longer be available when roads open to traffic
- NO Baby joggers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and animals t allowed on the course.
- 25K Course Map (pdf)
- To register and participate in the Amway River Bank Run 25K Wheelchair and Handcycle divisions, participants must have a physical disability which prohibits them from running the event.
- Event Check-in will be available on Friday, May 8 from 11a-8p at the Sports & Fitness Expo, 303 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids and Saturday, May 9 beginning at 6a, DeVos Place.
- Late Registration available on Friday, May 8 from 11a-8p at the Sports & Fitness Expo, DeVos Place.
- NO REGISTRATION AVAILABLE ON EVENT DAY!
- Registered participants will receive a t-shirt, finisher medal, post-event refreshments and a free beverage ticket for the Finish Fest.
- Upgrade to a tech shirt ($19.78) when you register. (Limited quantity/no exchanges). Not available at late registration on Friday, May 8).
- Save $5.30 off one event fee with a Fifth Third Bank credit or debit card. (Valid for one registration per transaction and cannot be combined with other offers.)
- Registration Fee and Deadline(pdf)
Please click on the following links for tax forms: W-9/W-8. Complete and return ASAP to avoid delay of any prize money you may be awarded. NOTE: Prize money will not be awarded without a valid w-9 or w-8 provided to the Amway River Bank Run.
- Wear your participant bib with the the Chronotrack B-Tag attached to the front of your shirt for best results/scoring
- Participant bib/B-Tag does not need to be returned after your event
Check out the Amway River Bank Run from the perspective of both wheelchair and handcycle participants via this video from the 2016 event compliments of Mary Free Bed. And, view this YouTube video of Wheelchair Racing yesterday and today!
Drug Testing Statement
Athletes who participate in this competition are subject to drug testing in accordance with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Protocol for Olympic Movement Testing (USADA Protocol). Testing may take place after any preliminary, qualifying, or final round. USADA will be responsible for conducting comprehensive drug testing, as well as the adjudication of positive findings.
Athletes selected for doping control are required to sign a testing notification form by the assigned doping control chaperone, who will remain with each athlete until she or he arrives at the doping control testing center. Athletes have one hour from the time of notification before they must report to the doping control testing center. Once athletes complete the drug testing process, they are free to leave. Athletes with positive drug test results will have their cases adjudicated according to the USADA Protocol and will be penalized, if appropriate, according to applicable IAAF or World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
Such penalties may include, but not be limited to, a period of ineligibility from competition, as well as disqualification from past competitions and cancellation of awards and prizes previously awarded. Any substance taken by an athlete is at his/her own risk and may result in a positive sample.
BEWARE: some nutritional supplements, prescription, cold medicines and over-the-counter medications contain prohibited substances. Information regarding specific drugs and substances may be obtained by calling the USADA Drug Reference Line at 800-233-0393 within the U.S., 719-785-2020 outside the U.S. or at www.usantidoping.org.