25K Course information for October 24
- 25K - 9:30a start
- myTeam Truimph - 9:50a start
- Start staging on Monroe Avenue at Lyon Street
- Finish on Ottawa Avenue at Lyon Street
- Times will be recorded until approximately 1p (3.5 hours from the 9:30am start)
- Participants must be able to maintain a 13:35 minute pace per mile --25K Pace Chart (pdf)
- Find your pace per mile sign and enter through the gate to line up
- Participants not maintaining a 13:35 minute per mile pace will be instructed to move to the sidewalk and finish at their own risk without event services OR you will be offered a ride by race transportation to finish area
- Medical, aid stations, police, volunteers and course markings will no longer be available when roads open to traffic
- NO Baby joggers, backpacks, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and animals allowed on the course
- 25K Course Map (pdf)
- For an electronic map, click here
Combo Event Information (pdf)
- Event Check-in will be available on Friday, October 23 from 11a-8p at the Sports & Fitness Expo, DeVos Place, 303 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids and on Saturday, October 24 beginning at 7a
- Late Registration available on Friday ONLY
- Registered participants will receive a t-shirt, finisher medal, post-event refreshments and a free beverage ticket for the Finish Fest.
- Upgrade to a tech shirt ($19.78) when you register. (Quantity limited/no exchanges. Not available at late registration).
- Save $5.30 off one event fee with a Fifth Third Bank credit or debit card. (Valid for one registration per transaction and cannot be combined with other offers)
- Registration Fee and Deadline (pdf)
Age Divisions (must be 14 by 10/24/20) and Awards
- 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+
- Awards in each age division run five deep. All awards will be mailed in or around 21 business days following the event
- Prize Purse
- Wear your participant bib with the the Chronotrack B-Tag attached to the front of your shirt for best results/scoring
- Participant bib/B-Tag does not need to be returned after your event
USA 25 km Open Championships
The USA 25 km Open Championships are open to U.S. citizens 14 years of age or older as of race day. USATF membership and eligibility to represent the United States in international competition are additional requirements. Complete the USATF membership number field when you register.
Women participating in the USATF 25 km Championships for prize money, USATF Running Circuit points or finish placing, along with invited international female Elite athletes, will participate in the early start at 8:19a.
Men participating in the USATF 25 km Championships for prize money USATF Running Circuit points or finish placing, along with invited international male Elite athletes and the rest of the Amway River Bank Run 25K field will start at 8:30a.
Women participating in the early start will check in at the start corral at the 25K starting line on Monroe Avenue at Lyon no later than 8a. Women participating in the USATF 25 km Championships and invited female Elite athletes will not qualify for prize money or USATF Running Circuit points at the Amway River Bank Run if not participate in the early start.
The Amway River Bank Run is part of the USA Running Circuit, a USA Track and Field road series (USATF). For information on joining USATF, please call Jacqueline DeVose, USATF Michigan Association president, at (313) 934-0126.
Drug Testing Statement
Athletes who participate in this competition are subject to drug testing in accordance with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Protocol for Olympic Movement Testing (USADA Protocol). Testing may take place after any preliminary, qualifying, or final round. USADA will be responsible for conducting comprehensive drug testing, as well as the adjudication of positive findings.
Athletes selected for doping control are required to sign a testing notification form by the assigned doping control chaperone, who will remain with each athlete until she or he arrives at the doping control testing center. Athletes have one hour from the time of notification before they must report to the doping control testing center. Once athletes complete the drug testing process, they are free to leave. Athletes with positive drug test results will have their cases adjudicated according to the USADA Protocol and will be penalized, if appropriate, according to applicable IAAF or World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
Such penalties may include, but not be limited to, a period of ineligibility from competition, as well as disqualification from past competitions and cancellation of awards and prizes previously awarded. Any substance taken by an athlete is at his/her own risk and may result in a positive sample.
BEWARE: some nutritional supplements, prescription, cold medicines and over-the-counter medications contain prohibited substances. Information regarding specific drugs and substances may be obtained by calling the USADA Drug Reference Line at 800-233-0393 within the U.S., 719-785-2020 outside the U.S. or at www.usantidoping.org.