Course Entertainment Terms and Conditions *
AMWAY RIVER BANK RUN 2019
COURSE ENTERTAINMENT APPLICATION AND PERFORMANCE RULES
The 2019 Amway River Bank Run has 4 Course Entertainment locations available on the 25K course. (Location details will be provided to selected Entertainers only)
Riverbank Events and Media, LLC (sponsor) will pay the selected Course Entertainment $200 for the performance/Course Entertainment on Race Day, May 11, 2019. Selected Course Entertainment will provide Sponsor with completed w-9 prior to release of payment
Amway River Bank Run will provide a 20x20 tent with sides, bottled water, tarp (to cover ground if desired) and generator at each location.
By applying to provide Course Entertainment on the course of the 2019 Amway River Bank Run, if selected you agree to be bound by these Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Course Entertainment Application is open to all residents of the 48 contiguous United States who have reached ten (10) years of age as of 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 25, 2019.
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to apply for and/or participate as Course Entertainment: (a) persons who from and after 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 25, 2019 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or selection of Course Entertainment; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in in either of the preceding categories.
2. APPLICATION PERIOD: Applications for Course Entertainment will be accepted beginning on March 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time through 11:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on March 22, 2019. Your Application must be received within the Application Period or it will be deemed void.
3. HOW TO APPLY: You must complete the Course Entertainment Application, by going to the website, www.amwayriverbankrun.com selecting the page for Course Entertainment Application, and submitting in your Entertainer name, e-mail address, full, legal name and any other information requested. By submitting a Course Entertainment Application you agree to be bound by the Course Entertainment Rules. All required information must be submitted or your Application will be deemed void. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected Applications.
All Applications, as well as all copyrights thereto, will become the sole property of Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES. The online Application will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online Application form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Application, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries.
If this Application or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Application, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Application, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Application or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Application is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. SELECTED COURSE ENTERTAINMENT PERFORMERS NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: The Amway River Bank Run Committee of the Sponsor, will, in its sole discretion select four (4) Course Entertainment/Entertainers to perform at the Amway River Bank Run on Saturday, May 11, 2019. The selected Course Entertainment/Entertainers will be notified on or about April 10, 2019.
6. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By completing the Application, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor, Sponsor Entity(ies) and Payment Provider (each a "Sponsor Entity(ies)") shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, city, state, likeness, photograph(s), video(s), voice, audio recording(s), biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Application, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
Amway River Bank Run will display your photo, sound bite, and link to your website on our "Course Entertainment" page at Amwayriverbankrun.com. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove your photo, sound bite and link to your website from the "Course Entertainment" page at Amwayriverbankrun.com if your Application is deemed void for any reason.
7. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release, discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Payment Provider and Sponsor Entity(ies) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action, liabilities and damages for:
(a) personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or
(b) for libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your likeness, photograph and/or video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein), voice and other elements of your persona and identity by any Sponsor, Sponsor Entity(ies) and Payment Provider and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
8. APPLICABLE LAW: These Contest rules are governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to the State’s conflict of law rules.
9. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the selected bands. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
10. Course Entertainment List: If you would like to receive a list of the Course Entertainment after April 26, 2019, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to:
c/o Riverbank Events and Media LLC
P.O. Box 2194
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49501-2194
11. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Course Entertainment 2019 Rules
c/o Riverbank Events and Media LLC
P.O. Box 2194
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49501-2194