Join in the fun and encourage your family and friends
to enjoy one of these spectator hot spots
- Start Line on Monroe south of Pearl Street
- Market Street South of Fulton
- Johnson Park
- Veteran's Memorial Drive
- John Ball Park
Finish Line along Ottawa between Fulton and Pearl
How to be a great spectator!
- Download the RaceJoy app to track and send message to your athlete
- Make noise and encourage runners (cheer, clap, play music, etc)
- Create signs with words of encouragement.
- Shout out encouragement to runners individually by their bib number (i.e. Go #4562, you’re doing great – please avoid phrases like “you’re almost there, not far to go, etc). Participants will appreciate it.
- Do something to make runners smile. Sing, dance, blow bubbles and have a good time.
- Live on the event course? Have a party with friends and/or family and cheer on the participants.
- Travel to different spots along the event course and cheer from the Finish Line.
- Be prepared for the weather.
- Please do not crowd the participants by standing in the street.
- Participants in the back of the pack need encouragement too! Please continue to cheer them on as well.
- If you see a participant that need some help or medical attention. Please note their participant bib number and advise a Course Crew member, identifiable medical staff or a Police Officer.
Other ways to engage as a spectator
- Volunteer (opening January 1) Many jobs available from Packet Pick-up, Aid Stations, Course Crew to Post Event Refreshments and many in between. YOU help make the event a success!
- Spirit Stations offer cheer and support along the 25K course. Not-for-profit groups have a chance to win $500, $300, $200