We believe in a future where the stigma associated with mental/brain health illnesses is erased.
Providing compassionate comfort and understanding to those affected by suicide and or mental/brain health illnesses and pain.
What We Believe:
- i understand suicide is an effect of illness or pain
- i understand mental/brain health illnesses are treatable and preventable
- i understand stigma is the #1 reason why someone would not seek treatment for mental/brain illness; education and awareness are vital to saving and changing lives
- i understand reaching out to those who are suffering could save a life; let someone know you are available and treat them with respect and compassion
- i understand most people who are suicidal do not want to die; they want their pain to end
- i understand speaking out about suicide may empower others to share their stories
- i understand feelings of guilt are part of the grieving process on the way to finding peace and acceptance
- i understand those who die by suicide do make it to heaven
i understand is passionate about changing the conversation and narratives surrounding suicide/mental brain health illnesses. That is why we bring the conversations to everyday places like Helen DeVos Children's Hospital(first in the country nurse specializing in Mental Health and a sensory room for children at risk of harming themselves), Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (The Door is Always Open sculpture), Biggby Coffee (buy one, give one to start the conversation) Meijer (Meijer Brain Health Minutes, tee shirts in stores) and more!
Register and receive:
- First 50 team members registered will receive access to our ‘hospitality suite’ located in the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. This location offers a quick walk to races start and an easy in and out for parking on race day. Hospitality suite includes water, bagels, fruit, flushing toilets with a fun and warm environment
Raise $25 and receive:
- Shoulder pack with zippered compartments, no hands required use, and i understand logo to support our ‘wear, care, share campaign
Raise $50 and receive:
- Sherpa-lined hats! Receive a Sherpa lined warm and fuzzy hat or a no pom unisex hat for those winter training runs!
Raise $100 and receive:
- A beautifully designed floral arrangement in the color of unconditional love, pink. This designer’s choice from one of our community partners will be sure to bring a smile to your face
Raise $250 and receive:
- A specially designed zip up sweatshirt (unisex), exclusively designed for this level of fundraising only
Raise $500 and receive:
- Our limited edition ‘pink heart’ dish on a wooden board overfilled with your favorite charcuterie items or sweet treats, created by Arts of Hospitality LLC
Raise $1,000 and receive:
- Create your own candle at a girl’s night with four of your friends with Lima United by Love. You can create a signature scent of your own while enjoying the benefits of spending time with friends with this fun, and unique opportunity. A girl’s night out is not complete without a fun and sparkly beverage and snacks
Raise $2,500 and receive:
- A sponsorship in your name to provide sensory toys to the children of Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. The children receiving these sensory toys are in need of comfort and calm. These toys will be given during their stay and allowed to take home as fun stress reduction tools
Raise $5,000 and receive:
- Support Mental Health Action Day on Thursday, May 19th! We are proud to be a part of the worldwide movement, Mental Health Action Day. Let’s go from just “talking about mental health” to taking action steps to support those who may be living with mental/brain health illness or pain. The amount will be used as a lead sponsorship for our own Mental Health Action Day. Details to follow this amazing opportunity that will give you or your business great exposure on a meaningful day